Spire Solutions is expanding its Solutions Engineering team and is looking to hire a Technical Consultant with 4-5 years experience to support our expanding Solarwinds Technical /Pre-sales team. This is an exciting opportunity for a technology evangelist to join a dynamic technical team and build on their existing skills by learning new products and technologies, while helping us to grow our customer and partner base.
As a Technical Consultant you will provide prospects, channel partners and resellers with technical product advice during sales discussions. You will also be responsible for providing prospects with assistance during the complete product evaluation cycle and as part of our Support Team, you would be an advocate for our customers, supporting them in the management of IT monitoring solutions primarily Solarwinds.
- Performing technical pre-sales support activities for customers who are evaluating IT Management Solution.
- Answering technical questions from potential customers and channel partners.
- Respond to and/or initiate technical troubleshooting sessions with customers – via phone, email and remote sessions Interact with customers at all levels, with demonstrated ability to communicate with both the very basic user to the technically advanced (Network Administrators, System Administrators)
- Manage and work support tickets per industry best practices utilizing existing CRM systems
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical customers
- Coordinate the resolution of technical issues with Advanced Support Teams and escalate issues per pre-established guidelines
- Contribute to our Knowledge base (author and edit knowledge base articles)
- Maintain working lab systems to facilitate reproduction of customer issues
- Other related duties as appropriate and required
- Reports to the Technical Manager.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills are critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Business or Computing discipline and 4+ years’ experience in related field (Technology consulting, presales, network engineer, network administrator and systems, storage, virtualization admin or similar IT related job function).
- Knowledge of common network services like DNS, Web Servers (IIS, Apache), FTP Servers, Email Servers, and Database Systems Administration
- Solid understanding of networking protocols TCP/IP, SMTP, FTP, HTTP, SNMP, Syslog, SSH etc.
- Advanced troubleshooting experience across heterogeneous environments
- Server (Windows 2012+, UNIX or Linux) experience highly desirable.
- Experience in a 24/7/365 work schedule environment
- Professional certifications are a plus: Network+, CCENT, CCNA, MCSE, VCP etc.